Subject: Re: rev 24 - test

From: Karl Fogel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:35:25 -0500

Loredana Lo Conte <[email-masked]> writes:
> I co ale but 'configure' is missing. I downloaded ale-0.1.186. Here is
> the diff output:

Jim explained the problem here -- you have to run autogen.sh first.

But in general: you should get in the habit of reading every commit
email.  At least read the log message, and ideally read the diff too.
If you see something you don't understand, ask.

Okay, so you missed the commit email.  Here's your backup tactic:
you're missing a file named "configure".  Then run 'svn log', search
the output for the word "configure"; read each log message that
matches.  You'll quickly figure out what happened :-).

Here is my commit of revision 2 (although there are also later commits
that mention `configure'):

   > rev 2:  kfogel | 2002-08-05 00:54:27 -0500 (Mon, 05 Aug 2002)
   > 
   > Set up the standard working copy build situation:
   > 
   > * autogen.sh: New file.
   > 
   > * configure: Removed.
   > 
   > * README (INSTALLATION): Say when to use autogen.sh.

Best,
-Karl

---

From: Loredana Lo Conte <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:02:17 +0100 (BST)

And what about reading the README file? That would do it, too :)

BTW, the lisp directory is missing in the tarball (ale-0.1.186) unless
I am missing some point here, too.

Best,
Loredana

PS: And now I have to figure out how to send a mozzarella from Italy.