Re: gh_enter reconsidered

On Mon, Oct 26, 1998 at 04:48:14PM -0500, Jim Blandy wrote:

> I definitely sympathize with Guido's reaction --- Why would I put
> something that unportable in my interpreter? --- but I think it's
> better than reference counting.

Python does not attempt even to build shared libs across different
architectures, like Tcl does.  They don't seem quite as interested in
embedding Python - but instead push the idea of modules more.  It
would be a big plus for Guile if it could start to approach Tcl in
this area...

Thanks,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org

Guile Home | Main Index | Thread Index