Re: gc notes available

> In these days of multimedia, when user interfaces tends to be fancier
> and fancier, real-time performance gets more and more important.
>
> Just look at how many Java-applets which displays animations on the
> net.  How is Guile going to compete with that if animations are
> intermittently stopped due to GC?  (I know what I'm talking about
> because I've tried to implement games in Guile. :)

I agree that GC has to be made faster but those dancing Duke Java
animations also run on top of a garbage collector. I think that
it's not conservative though I haven't seen it's internals
(has anyone had experience with C extensions to Java and how they
cooperate with the GC, does Java have stack-top difficulties?)

	- Tel

Guile Home | Main Index | Thread Index