Re: tools to make non-conservative GC feasible.

"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:

> The reason we like "conservative collectors" is because we can be lazy
> while programming and not worry about what does and doesn't have to be
> visible to the collector.

Isn't there one more issue?  I'm not at all certain that a precise
collector would be more efficient.  With conservative GC you have to
scan the stack once per GC.  With precise GC, you have to do
bookkeeping (both registering and off-registering) for every single
SCM variable occuring on the stack between GC:s...

/mdj

Guile Home | Main Index | Thread Index