Re: First-class environment proposal

Gary Houston writes:
 > | How likely is it that this breaks existing code that uses ports?
 >
 > It's quite likely to break C code that assumes it can extract a FILE *
 > from a port.  Other code will be mostly OK I think.

I have some of that sort in my curses wrappers for guile, so need to go
through the changes once they are out. No frequently used curses stuff
is involved, though.
The filedescriptor<->port stuff is more often used in wrappers for
Unix system programming stuff than FILE*<->port stuff.

Klaus Schilling

Guile Home | Main Index | Thread Index