Re: Using the fd's underlying guile fports

On 27 Jun 1999, Gary Houston wrote:

> Could you use a mutex?
>
> The revealed count indicates whether the port owns its descriptor.
> If the count is greater than 0 then the descriptor shouldn't be
> closed when the port is gc'd (currently implemented by not gc'ing the
> port, but that's not required now.)

I don't think a mutex is any use. It's a problem within any single thread:
at any time where it is possible for the fd to be used directly, it
mustn't be used by the scheme port code. I want the fd to be legitimately
borrowed from the port and returned some time later.

Ian

Guile Home | Main Index | Thread Index