[Arcana] The scales have fallen from my eyes

Roland McGrath roland at frob.com
Thu Jul 20 02:24:18 CDT 2006

Speaking of M-y, my fingers long ago decided that it existed and obviously
should work to use M-r/M-s to regexp search your kill ring for the item you
wanted, as if you were in a minibuffer prompt, or a comint prompt, or a
mail buffer like this one, with a history list and M-y/M-- M-y were M-p/M-n.
(I mean, center-line?  move-to-window-line?  Who uses these things?)
browse-kill-ring just feels so, well, *80s*.

Only once in a while like last week do they remind my brain that I ought to
write that hack.  Surely a ten minute job at the outside.  But I'm too lazy.