[Arcana] Yow! Legally-imposed CULTURE-reduction is CABBAGE-BRAINED!

Noah Friedman friedman at splode.com
Tue Aug 7 19:18:45 CDT 2007

>M-x yow produces only one result.  M-x insert-zippyism has No completions!
>apropos-zippy searches can find no wisdom.  My outgoing email has been
>brutally sabotaged for weeks!
>
>Gentlemen, it's not ok any more.  It's the 21st century, and I'm taking
>this goddamn hovercar back to the dealer and telling him I never should
>have traded in the Dodge Dartre!

I pulled the dartre's carburetor out and wedged it under the backseat of
the hovercar:

    (let ((my-yow-file "~/lib/misc/yow.lines"))
      (and (file-exists-p my-yow-file)
           (setq yow-file my-yow-file)))

>It doesn't help to investigate.  All you learn is that it's not just
>another bug, it's a CAPITULATION to INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY demands of
>BIG COMIC STRIP AUTHORING.  That's a functional regression on such a
>monumental scale that mere MALFEASANT MISFUNCTION of CABBAGE-BRAINED
>Lisp programming can never hold a CANDLE to it.

It wasn't even a demand by BIG COMIC STRIP AUTHORING.  It was a COWARDLY
RETREAT by the FSF's PINHEAD LAWYER.

See, even when they're on your side, they're not on your side.