[Arcana] yank-pop navigation

Roland McGrath roland at frob.com
Thu Dec 18 22:15:09 CST 2008

That's close, but does not respect kill-ring-yank-pointer (pick up from
M-y) and does not leave this-command set to 'yank (let you pick up with
another M-y).  I never need this but when I've just hit M-y twice and
realized the third time might not be the charm, so the former of those is
crucial.  Your fancy option yank-match-modify-kill-ring seems like it was
trying to be the mode for the person who wanted to use it a bit like M-y in
only the latter regard, but written by a person who didn't really
understand the tao of M-y.  ("Y combinators at dawn!" is a reasonable
reaction to an affront to your character such as my last supposition.)