[Arcana] favorite html mode in GNU Emacs?

David Carlton carlton at bactrian.org
Sun Jun 1 22:05:56 CDT 2008

I recently switched from XEmacs to GNU Emacs, and I'm editing HTML for
the first time since the switch.  What HTML mode do people use these
days with GNU Emacs?  I _think_ I used html-helper-mode in XEmacs, but
I'm not at all sure; the main thing that I'm finding annoying so far
about the HTML mode that GNU Emacs is using by default is that it
doesn't automatically populate new HTML files with a template.  (I
think I miss the automatic "Last modified" hooks, but maybe those are
an inappropriate vestige of an earlier web.)

Recommendations?

David Carlton
carlton at bactrian.org