[Arcana] function aliases in emacs

Noah Friedman friedman at splode.com
Mon Jun 16 13:47:49 CDT 2008

> Yeah, I literally never use apropos-command.  I have C-h C-a bound to
> apropos, and just use that.

Likewise (except I didn't even rebind it, I just use M-x apropos); there are
enough times when I'm not sure whether toggling some magic variable is
sufficient to effect some behavior or a function call is needed; sometimes the
same symbol is both.  It's usually faster to apropos everything in the first
place.  And after a while there's not much distinction between commands and
functions when you can use defadvice to give anything you use regularly an
interactive spec if it doesn't have one already.