[Arcana] (no subject)

Karl Fogel kfogel at red-bean.com
Fri Mar 21 18:29:45 CDT 2008

Ahhh, beautiful!:

   [...]

   I am not exaggerating. Let me give you a few examples of how expert
   we have become in sweeping the programming problem under the rug.

   Just when the computing science community has agreed that
   simplicity is an essential ingredient of reliability, the DoD
   adopts Ada! What more can I say? When the late Andrei Ershov from
   Novosibirsk asked my opinion about Ada, I told him that I shuddered
   at the thought that Western security would depend on it and that I
   would feel much better if I knew that the Red Army had adopted Ada
   as well. Andrei smiled and said "Don't worry."

   [...]