[Arcana] the travelling salesman problem solved!

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Fri Mar 21 18:11:18 CDT 2008

Jim Blandy wrote:

> I've also heard a different account from an acquaintance here in
> Portland, of the more serious Windows shops really getting a lot of
> mileage out of the Microsoft tools, keeping their code legible, etc.

I can believe that, and I don't even think it's inconsistent with your
experience using Emacs.  If you run a Windows or Java shop, you are
probably hiring the kinds of people who will benefit from the added
structure imposed by IDEs, UML modeling tools, and so on.

"If you carefully read its literature and analyse what its devotees
actually do, you will discover that software engineering has accepted as
its charter 'How to program if you cannot.'"

	<b