[Arcana] the travelling salesman problem solved!

Noah Friedman friedman at splode.com
Fri Mar 21 19:27:30 CDT 2008

>I'd really, really like to know if Dijkstra writes better code than
>other people.  That would be an important measure of his ideas.

If you believe the best programmer is a dead programmer, then yes.

Wikipedia has a good summary of his contributions.  Among other things it
says he worked on the first compiler for algol 60, but I'm not sure if
that's a fair comparison to modern software engineering challenges even if
it was well-written.