[Arcana] (no subject)

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Fri Mar 21 23:35:55 CDT 2008

Jim Blandy wrote:
> I guess Dijkstra falls in the Paul Graham camp: people who write so
> clearly and precisely and wittily that one is always in danger of
> believing things they've written that just aren't so.

At heart, they share the same conviction: their fellow travelers are
both better groomed and more intelligent than the average.  Meanwhile,
everyone else is somehow greyer, more limp of foot, and smells a bit of
damp bread.  This is not the sort of gulf one might want to chance
crossing, or even to look across lest one turn to salt.

	<b