[Arcana] A random emacs question

Jim Blandy jimb at red-bean.com
Fri May 9 13:06:27 CDT 2008

If all else fails, you can always just type M-x grep in the dired
buffer and construct an appropriate 'find ... | xargs' thing.  That's
what I do for any kind of directory tree traversal.

I've often wanted a keystroke that would let me pull the list of files
marked in dired into a shell command I'm entering.  Should be easy.