[Arcana] A random emacs question

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Fri May 9 16:01:56 CDT 2008

Jim> I've looked at those before, but they never really caught my
Jim> imagination.  Custom 'find' scripts can adapt to my version control
Jim> systems, the quirks of my source tree (ignore 'obj-*' subdirectories,
Jim> which is where the Mozilla sources like to put build files), and so
Jim> on.

I used igrep for years but switched enthusiastically to lgrep and
rgrep.  Sometimes it is funny how these popular add-ons take so long
to wind up in Emacs proper... like how gnuclient/gnuserv was superior
for most of the time I've been involved in Emacs.

Anyway, it wouldn't be Emacs if there weren't 30 knobs per feature.
grep-find-ignored-directories already ignores the common VC directory names,
you could easily add yours too.

Tom