[Arcana] That sounds about right to me.

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Mon Sep 15 16:12:47 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 1:21 PM, David Carlton <carlton at bactrian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:35:31 -0700, "Jim Blandy" <jimb at red-bean.com> said:
>
>> Heck, people even run GNU Emacs without batting an eyelash.
>
> Call me naive, but I was kind of stunned when I switched back to GNU
> Emacs a few months ago that it put the scroll bars on the left.

I just switched back to GNU Emacs over the weekend, and I was
surprised by this, too. I think that I must rely on the scrollbar as
some kind of security blanket in Emacs, though, because I didn't
notice that it wasn't draggable with mouse-1.

It only took me a few minutes to fix up almost 15 years of
XEmacs-related goop in my .emacs, which was nice. I was surprised that
GNU Emacs still doesn't have an equivalent to XEmacs's integrated
package system: having to Google for .el files and install them by
hand felt archaic, like maybe I should have been submitting them on
job cards too.