[Arcana] 23 vs 21 .elc

Karl Fogel kfogel at red-bean.com
Mon Aug 17 12:05:09 CDT 2009

Roland McGrath <roland at frob.com> writes:
>> I don't have any ideas how to help.  I don't compile to .elc anymore, I
>> just buy faster machines.
>
> Hmm.  You may have a point there.
> I might not care about compilation.
> I'm still deeply offended by the situation, naturally.

Most people use normal (i.e., inferior) word processors and editors in
their daily work, which consists of repetitive tasks that they come to
do unconsciously while the walls of their cubicles close in on them.
Boredom becomes a regular part of their lives.

Emacs users have traded up for a different set of problems; as a result,
deep offense becomes a regular part of *our* lives.

You picks your poison and you drains the cup...