[Arcana] buffer-mode-histogram

Jim Blandy jimb at red-bean.com
Thu Nov 10 12:26:36 CST 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Roland McGrath <roland at frob.com> wrote:
> Note that the work Emacs below is only ~10 days old.
> The median life of a session for me is more like a month or two.

I used to have much longer-lived Emacsen, but that hasn't been working
out lately. My family has a tradition of eating dinner in the family
room on Fridays and watching anime. The series we're watching these
days is one I need to download from the net (it's not available on DVD
yet, so we watch the ones translated and subtitled by fans) and play
by plugging my laptop into the TV. Because the X Window System is from
the stone age, I have to log out and log back in to switch from my
desktop monitor to the TV, so I exit Emacs. :(

I tried the thing where you keep a screen session going and then do
"make-frame-on-display", but I ran into unhappinesses where Emacs's
input loop would get confused and hang.