[Arcana] More Emacs love.

Aaron S. Hawley aaron.s.hawley at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 10:01:34 CDT 2012

On 7/25/12, Karl Fogel <kfogel at red-bean.com> wrote:
> See http://viewvc.red-bean.com/kfogel?view=revision&revision=3768
>
> This new passage from the doc string of `kf-fix-previous-transposition'
> explains all:
>
>   Repeated invocation with no intervening commands runs successively
>   through the various potential fixes of the original word that are
>   reachable via transposition; each successive attempt signals rejection
>   of all previous candidates.  For example, if point is after "baen",
>   the first invocation will produce "bane", then the next one will
>   produce "bean", which might be the user's real target.
>
> One guess as to what I was mistyping that made me add this feature :-).

It would seem this is a reinvention of `C-.' in Flyspell Mode.  I
imagine the art of spell checking is checking for transpositions, in
addition to missing or extra characters.

This is what I have in my .emacs

(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-flyspell)
(add-hook 'prog-mode-hook 'flyspell-prog-mode)

Works well for me.

Your TODO item on multi-word typos ("fis hfood") is something Flyspell
annoyingly doesn't solve.  Space transposition is the real social ill
and we need a cure.