[Arcana] John Wiegley just blew my mind.

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Fri Jun 22 21:02:41 CDT 2012

Roland> But given the nature of Emacs's interpreter, implementing call/cc is
Roland> dubiously feasible at best.

I'm not a fan of call/cc.  It always seemed too hard to use in real
programs; also slow.

If I had any free time I'd finish my threads patch for Emacs.
But I don't :(

Roland>  One can imagine something like the old SCM trick of copying the
Roland> C stack, in an unholy marriage with some underhanded fiddling of
Roland> the GCPRO machinery

Most ports, maybe all of them, don't use GCPRO any more.  The stack is
conservatively scanned now.  So maybe this is horribly possible.

Tom