[Lispweb] Mod_lisp 2.0 released

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 04:21:37 CDT 2001

"Andrew K. Wolven" <awolven at redfernlane.org> writes:

> If computers are not [one of] the most important technologies for the
> maintenance of our species than Bill Gates would not be so rich.  Do you
> drive on the freeway, do you use an elevator?  Ever been in a jumbo jet?  Do
> you take any medications for serious conditions?

How far off-topic do you want to go today?

Hi, I'm new on this list and I'm just starting to develop web sites
using (erm, how shall I put this) "lisp-family" languages.  Although
I've been writing web sites/web applications in other languages for
some time, I've become increasingly frustrated with the flaws in other
languages.

I think having apache integration is useful, because then you can
promote lisp to an audience which already understands apache httpd and
(usually) the concept of apache modules.  I doubt it will scale nicely
without some tricks and a lisp httpd with a "fast" httpd for static
service is probably more desirable, but that tends to scare system
admins who are new to lisp.

Even if you really hate the idea of mod_lisp and you have no problem
with running an entirely lisp-based server yourself, you can see
mod_lisp as another way to bring new people to lisp and to get lisp
being used in situations where it would otherwise be "blackballed" by
system admins, can't you?
--
MJR