[Lispweb] Mod_lisp 2.0 released

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 06:37:43 CDT 2001

"Marc Battyani" <marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com> writes:

> BTW, to go back to technical topics, I'm pretty sure the mod_lisp way
> scales better than a Lisp only one.  It's not only for "unix jockeys"
> as it works also on Win32.  It's much easier to use mod_lisp than
> CL-HTTP.  And the static content is obviously served directly by
> Apache.

Has anyone got time to do some naïve tests to give us some data here?

I know that we can make apache start to fall to pieces at high load,
especially when using CGI or certain other external language modules.
At what point does a mod_lisp server start to max out?  Higher or
lower than a good example of a lisp httpd serving dynamic content?

I'm being lazy asking, as I'd need to install a lot of software here
to even begin to do the comparisons and I don't have that time today.

--
MJR