[Lispweb] Mod_lisp 2.0 released

Andrew K. Wolven awolven at redfernlane.org
Tue Jun 19 06:54:18 CDT 2001

Sunil Mishra wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> The fact is that you can go on about lisp being better than
> anything out there. Even if that were unconditionally true, most
> people don't care. Especially if they have to get some real work
> done. The sooner you understand that, the sooner you might
> produce something of real value in lisp for the rest of the
> world to use.

I will have to charge you five bucks to retrieve your penny from the toilet
before we can move on with 'real work'.

> Finally, it is not my responsibility to guide the designers of
> mission critical systems (such as spacecrafts and telescopes and
> what not) to an appropriate solution. The designers themselves,
> or those in their organization, have to have better sense and
> judgement.

Do you believe in Santa Clause?

> And putting down the rest of the world is the least
> likely route to getting up to the top.

Which rest of the world am I putting down?  Africa?  Mexico?  India?

> The most I can hope to effectively do is to make local ripples.
> With any luck, mine will find others.

I don't want to hear your philosophy of weakness because I am a Marine.

> Know your enemy. And get your technical skills sharpened.

yes, yes, you win Sunil, my enemy is anger.  But which technical skill should
I sharpen first:  My ability to hit a bullseye on a b-modified target at 500
meters with the M-16A2 service rifle or my ability to pull weeds which would
choke out the flowers from the garden known as the lisp community?  A little
dirt is going to fly either way.

Some say that freedom is not free, but the truth is that freedom is an
illusion:  Survival is not free.  Save yourself money by knowing your
responsibility.
Maybe you should think about what the phrase 'Federal Reserve' means in
regards to Federal Reserve bank notes.

One way or another Marc is a poser.  Either he is a professional flamer (and
genius commedian) employed by NASA for the purpose of defaming unix or he is
pretending that bad design and attempted B.S. is some sort of contribution to
a community of high standards.  I am so sorry, but I just want food on the
table and a chance to make a family too, but I am one motherfucker who
believes in honest fruitful work for honest pay.  Just because one's employer
may convinced one that a certain behavior is 'honest' work doesn't
automatically make that work honest or of real value.

AKW

P.S. Marc, I would suggest to you reading the first several chapters of
Essentials of Programming Languages in detail.  You should also get Symbolics
Genera documentation and read that too.  If you still don't understand why I
got so angry then perhaps you should look into computer game testing or find
a career outside of computers.