[Lispweb] Mod_lisp 2.0 released

Craig Brozefsky craig at red-bean.com
Tue Jun 19 14:45:46 CDT 2001

Craig Brozefsky <craig at red-bean.com> writes:

> Some reasons I would want to preserve the mod_webapp or mod_lisp
> interfaces:
>
> 1. Already in use.
> 2. Pretending your a Java servlet has an irresistable charm.
> 3. Both use persistent sockets already without requiring any extra
>    configuration.
> 4. I don't have Allegroserve ported to CMUCL yet.

One thing I forgot is that these shims, and I beleive mod_lisp already
supports this, can provide an interface for things besides just
requests, something I think that mod_proxy would be hard pressed to
do, such as logging, content translation, authentication, URL
rewriting and other services the Apache module API allows.

But again, I think it would do an app server good to support all of
these interfaces to the outside world, and provide the user with the
union of all of their advantages.

--
Craig Brozefsky                             <craig at red-bean.com>
                                  http://www.red-bean.com/~craig