[Lispweb] rscheme/web dev?

Dennis dennis at illusions.com
Tue Jun 19 15:19:26 CDT 2001

On 19 Jun 2001 brlewis at alum.mit.edu wrote:

> Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but Tomcat or another servlet
> engine running the BRL servlet can act as a multithreaded Scheme app
> server.

I'm considering that as a possibility (don't shoot, I'm unarmed!!). I'd
rather use rscheme or mzscheme if possible.

I like Rscheme's object system and exceptions, but mzscheme has lots of
wonderful documentation, a web server and runs under Mac, Linux and
Windows. Then there is scsh and ... argghhh option anxiety!!!!!

> 3. Most SQL databases are not written in any LISP dialect.

Rumor has it that deep in the bowels of Oracle is one really really good
developer writing all Oracle's software in LISP (how else can you explain
tnsnames.ora?)

--
---
Dennis Sacks