[Lispweb] Mod_lisp 2.0 released

John Foderaro jkf at franz.com
Tue Jun 19 15:46:36 CDT 2001

 I certainly look forward to seeing all the great things you'll be putting
into mod_lisp.

  I've just been noticing that the HTTP protocol is starting
to branch out to become the universal peer to peer protocol.  Gnutella
uses HTTP as does Jxta.  So it seems that it's a good protocol with which
to build communicating applications.  You might consider a very
restricted HTTP protocol as the way for the mod_lisp C part to
communicate with the mod_lisp Lisp part.
(e.g. returning web pages or exchanging caching, authentication
and other state messages).
Then as a further extension some time in the future you could beef
up the HTTP protocol in the mod_lisp Lisp part to actually respond
to requests from web browser or web proxy servers.  Then you've got
the best of all worlds.

- john foderaro
  franz inc.