[Lispweb] powered-by button

Dennis dennis at illusions.com
Wed Jun 27 11:50:37 CDT 2001

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 ayres at i-dep.com wrote:

> The context in which you use the word 'geeky' makes it sound as though
> it was a bad thing.

hehehe. Not really. I was just being goofy.

> In case the etiquette here requires an introduction, as young master
> Davison provided yesterday, I too am affiliated with the onShore crew
> though I currently find myself in the employ of another.  While my
> current job does not in any way utilize lisp

I am not affiliated with onShore (but it sounds pretty cool...). I took a
LISP language lab while working on my Computer Science degree in the
middle to late '80s. I've been in love with LISP ever since. The first
implementation I used (beyond the VAX/VMS based one we used in class) was
David Betz's XLISP.

I have long lamented the fact that it is highly unlikely I'll ever get to
use LISP in my day job. However, I am involved in a start-up company in my
"spare time" and being the one who makes decisions about software
development there, all of the web development will be in Scheme.

--
---
Dennis Sacks
dennis at illusions.com