[Lispweb] how do I get mod_webapp configured? I am trying to get imho running

Joshua R Davison josh at onshore-devel.com
Sun Feb 24 11:40:20 CST 2002

Hi, these are my notes on installing mod_webapp on a linux system for
use with WebCheckout, which runs on top of IMHO...

Obviously, some of the more application-specific instructions can be
ignored...

Note that the ServerName directive is required, but can be set to
"localhost" if you do not have a resolvable domain name.

I'd be interested to know how well imho/cmucl works on FreeBSD
... we've only run it on Linux at this point, but it would be
interesting to see it on other OS's.

Josh

#> Build mod_webapp.so

   - make sure apache-dev and libdb2-dev are installed

   - run 'make' in imho/apache/ to create the mod_webapp.so binary.
     this will make the binary in imho/apache/apache-1.3/

   - move or copy mod_webapp.so to /usr/lib/apache/1.3/

   - add the following line to httpd.conf:
   LoadModule webapp_module  /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_webapp.so

   REDHAT: you should build this as root since apxs is not in a normal
   users' path.
   mod_webapp.so module goes in /usr/lib/apache/
   LoadModule line looks like this:
      LoadModule webapp_module  modules/mod_webapp.so

   also you will need this line:
      AddModule mod_webapp.c

#> Configure a WebApp connection.

<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
  WebAppConnection wco warp 127.0.0.1:[port]
  WebAppMount wco wco [mount-point]
</IfModule>

   [port] is whatever port you want webcheckout to run on (i.e. 8007)
   and where [mount-point] is the imho mount point at which the wco
   application will appear (i.e. /apps/).]

   this will create the imho mount point '/apps' and listen for
   connections on port 8007.

   Also, make sure that 'ServerName' is defined in httpd.conf.