[Lispweb] professional lisp windows applications.

Ram Krishnan rkris at mac.com
Mon Mar 4 13:06:30 CST 2002

Craig Brozefsky <craig at red-bean.com> writes:

> edi at agharta.de (Dr. Edmund Weitz) writes:
>
>> 4. Or see how far you can get with UncommonSQL, see
>>
>>    <http://ww.telent.net/cliki/UncommonSQL>
>>
>>    (It was designed with CMUCL and Unix in mind and works great
>>    there. I'm not sure if/how it works on Windows.)
>
> Lispworks for Windows was one of our first ports, so yes it does work
> in Windows.

Actually, there *are* a few things that keep USQL/ODCL from building
cleanly (as in out of the box) under LispWorks Personal on Windows. I
suspect that the maintainers have not kept up with the more recent
releases of Lispworks.

A friend of mine and I just finished making a bunch of changes, that
we're getting ready to send to the authors, which will hopefully get
the CVS version building cleanly. We're also writing up some
documentation on what we did, which we were planning to post on c.l.l,
lispweb and lisp-hug in the next few days.

Regards,

-ram