[Lispweb] Portable Allegroserve and SBCL ?

Francois-Rene Rideau fare at tunes.org
Tue Jul 6 07:27:39 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 01:45:00PM +0200, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:
> While trying to run bknr on sbcl, I experienced the same bug as reported
> by an anonymous user of portable allegro serve:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=978568&group_id=32760&atid=406352
>
> It seems that when compiling .cl files, asdf fails to LOAD the files it
> depends on (that were previously compiled properly).
>
> Maybe this is due to an recent incompatible upgrade of asdf in SBCL?
>
> Can you help me sort out what is happening?

I forgot to add:
(0) I am using Debian and debian.b9.com packages.
(1) it works on CMUCL 18e
(2) a backtrace shows that (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :aserve)
 calls a closure, calls a loop, calls something to handle the load-op
 for acl-file "publish", that calls asdf:perform of the load-op,
 that tries to load the faslmt, which fails because dependencies
 are not loaded.

Everything is interesting if you go into it *deeply* enough.
	-- Richard Feynman