[Lispweb] Question: Lisp CGI that loads big hash only once

Tim Lavoie tim at fractaldragon.net
Wed Apr 12 10:38:11 CDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 05:14:05PM +0200, als at thangorodrim.de wrote:

> Is your dictionary data static or will it be changed during runtime?
> Following your description, I suppose it is static. Why not make it part
> of your dumped Lisp image for the CGIs (you _are_ running from a dumped
> image instead of starting clisp and the loading fasls, right?)?
>
> Just create your running image, load the dictionary, dump the image and
> run your CGIs from that dumped image.

I've done something mostly similar, but didn't want to create the
variable manually. Instead, I took the function which processed a pile
of static text (running each time), and replaced it with a macro which
did it once at compile time. The end result is the same, just used a
little differently.

       Cheers,
       Tim