[Lispweb] A newbie start...

Andre Camargo Fernandes Andre.Fernandes at commitment.com.br
Thu Oct 5 08:14:24 CDT 2006

Hi,

I am new to Lisp, I did read some Lisp books but none of those explained how to develop and serve LISP Web Pages. I´ve seen there´s the araneida project, but I am a lot lost yet.

Is there a tutorial on developing web pages in lisp (I mean, for programmers of other languages, rather than for Lisp hackers)? I wanna try Lisp at my webpages and maybe at work too, I use PHP, perl and C/C++ right now, so I already know about web programming but I could not create a Lisp program, except when running inside Lisp environment (what was not bad, but not what I needed), so how could I create a Lisp Web page, compile it and run it in a server (Apache, for example).

Actually I work with "Lisp in a box" with CLisp in windows.

Is there a way to compile a lisp program to run outside the lisp environment?

Thanks in advance for any answer,

Andre.

PS: I am sorry for my poor writing English, I hope it is not too bad.