[Lispweb] A newbie start...

Pascal Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Thu Oct 5 13:40:17 CDT 2006

Andre Camargo Fernandes writes:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Lisp, I did read some Lisp books but none of those
> explained how to develop and serve LISP Web Pages. I´ve seen there´s
> the araneida project, but I am a lot lost yet.
>
> Is there a tutorial on developing web pages in lisp (I mean, for
> programmers of other languages, rather than for Lisp hackers)? I
> wanna try Lisp at my webpages and maybe at work too, I use PHP, perl
> and C/C++ right now, so I already know about web programming but I
> could not create a Lisp program, except when running inside Lisp
> environment (what was not bad, but not what I needed), so how could
> I create a Lisp Web page, compile it and run it in a server (Apache,
> for example).

There are several web application written in Lisp.

In addition to Araneida or PortableAllegroServe (web server layer),
you could use UncommonWeb.

http://www.cliki.net/web
http://www.cliki.net/UCW
There's a UCW tutorial: http://www.cliki.net/ucw%20Tutorial

> Actually I work with "Lisp in a box" with CLisp in windows.
>
> Is there a way to compile a lisp program to run outside the lisp environment?

In addition to the tutorial (eg. http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/)
the Common Lisp Reference
http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Front/Contents.htm
you should also read the documentation of your implementation:
http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/index.html
Notice: http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/image.html

Nobody can fix the economy.  Nobody can be trusted with their finger
on the button.  Nobody's perfect.  VOTE FOR NOBODY.