[Lispweb] Handling 'www.' in a domain name

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Thu Oct 12 16:09:50 CDT 2006

Is there any chance at all that the documentation of reverse proxy has
transposed the 'from' and 'to' translation values?

If you look at doc/listeners.html, one of the translations is
url from: http://images.example.com/
url to: http://images.internal:8000/

I took the code from the proxy, and lifted it into a standalone function that
takes a url and returns the corresponding translation, in the same way a
handler would operate on request-url:

AJAX> (test-proxy "images.example.com/my.jpg")
New url: images.internal:8000/my.jpg
NIL
AJAX>

Looks correct, right?  Well, this is AFTER I reversed the from and to values!
If you use the values as they are in the code block, you get NIL!

I could be totally off here, but reversing the translation strings *seems* to
have solved one of my issues (handling 'www.').  Is this a documentation
error, or user error?

Jonathon McKitrick
--