<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=GENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Dear Pilato, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial 
size=2>                 
I think you can remember about me and all IT Translation Team 
(arg!!!:-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I simply write to check with you the status of the 
work related to svn book 1.2 (stable version).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Checking at </FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2><A 
href="http://svnbook.red-bean.com/index.en.html">http://svnbook.red-bean.com/index.en.html</A> and 
digging at mail list, </FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2>we have evidence 
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>that it is still under </FONT><FONT face=Arial 
size=2>dev status, isn't it?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>From a mail received on 27-3-2006:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>>I agree wholly.  And if you hold off for 
just a couple of weeks, that next<BR>>stable version (1.2) will be 
completed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>>Let me know if you want to base off of 1.1, or 
wait the couple of weeks<BR>>until 1.2 is ready.  We don't use branches, 
per se.  What we'll do is:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>>  svn copy <A 
href="http://.../tags/en-1.2-final/src/en">http://.../tags/en-1.2-final/src/en</A> 
\<BR>>          <A 
href="http://.../trunk/src/it">http://.../trunk/src/it</A> 
\<BR>>         -m "Create IT 
translation with EN 1.2 as the baseline"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I perfectly understand that this can require still 
some (or a lot?) of time, I write to you simply to </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>verify if I missed some important news about the 
possibility to start our work.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>As intermediate solution can we think to 'svn copy' 
the actual status of 1.2 and start translation with</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>some warning (if possible) about which chapter are 
still under under dev (so we do not translate them now)?</FONT></DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>As time passes, and works does not starts, the risk 
of team death arises...we can resist,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>after all, svn book community is working hard (not 
us:-).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>best regards from </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Federico Nebiacolombo and all SVN BOOK-IT 
translation team!</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>