Confused by the quickstart example

Joachim Ziegler ziegler at mpi-sb.mpg.de
Wed Jul 13 04:19:58 CDT 2005

Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

> I tried to clarify the Quickstart section in my latest commit.  It

I've just read it, and now it's really perfect!

"Subversion has no concept of a “project”. The repository is just a
virtual versioned filesystem, a large tree that can hold anything you
wish. Some administrators prefer to store only one project in a
repository, and others prefer to store multiple projects in a repository
by placing them into separate directories. The merits of each approach
are discussed in the section called “Choosing a Repository Layout”.
Either way, the repository only manages files and directories, so it's
up to humans to interpret particular directories as “projects”."

Very clear! This paragraph will save a lot of beginners many minutes of
wondering!

Greetings and thank you,

Joachim

--
Joachim Ziegler                       Stuhlsatzenhausweg 85
Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik    66123 Saarbrücken, Germany