Again and again about translation svnbook on Russian

dmitriy lopatko dmitrii at list.ru
Sun May 15 11:33:49 CDT 2005

Hello Max.

I have not absolutely understood, more truly, at all have not understood this
text:

r1271 | maxb | 2005-05-08 20:18:12 +0300 (Sun, 08 May 2005) | 6 lines

Delete Russian directory again. There have been changes to the English book,
and no translation yet. Let us actually wait for there to be real concrete
material visible on the mailing list before creating this directory again.

* ru/: Delete.

By means of what magic spells it is possible to add in a repository
translation not having there access?

I repeatedly addressed in mailing lists with the request to give an
opportunity to place in repository translation which I have. I repeatedly
spoke that I personally have translation into Russian of the following files:
- foreword.xml
- ch00.xml
- ch01.xml
- ch02.xml
- ch01dia1.png
- ch02dia1.png
For today - on May, 15, 2005 - I have edited translation of a file ch00.xml
and now this file fully complies with last original English version.

First you, Max, restore a directory ru/, I address to you with the request for
granting an opportunity to place translation, the answer I do not receive.
And you again delete a directory ru/. I cannot understand it.

I send to you my letter from May, 7 once again.

On Friday 06 May 2005 16:02, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Excellent! It's great that you have gathered four participants - could you
> tell us who they are, please!

I can list the following participants:

dmitriy lopatko <dmitrii_lopatko at hotbox.ru>
Maverick Crank GRey <maverick.crank.grey at gmail.com>
"vassily ragosin" <vr at vrgraphics.ru>
Dmitriy Popkov <dimentiy at dimentiy.info>
FLamY <flamy at subversion.org.ru>
Alexander Leschinsky <badger at lair.pp.ru>

> Also, do you have existing translated text, and if so, what English
> revision number is it based on?

Yes, I personally have full translation of the following files:
- foreword.xml
- ch00.xml
- ch01.xml
- ch02.xml
- ch01dia1.png
- ch02dia1.png
Translation is based on revision 10749. By the way, I already spoke about it
many times.

Big revision number because at that time the book still was in the main tree
of source code. But I think, that this translation is obsolete not too
strongly.

> Have you decided what method you will use to keep current with updates to
> the English book? It's best to plan this early on.

Yes, have decided. The same mechanism, as in the Norwegian edition of the book
will be used. That is, while translating the original text will be saved and
mark special markers (<!-- @ENGLISH {{{ ... @ENGLISH }}} -->). And, from time
to time, merge of last English version to Russian translation will be carried
out. Makefile for performance of such synchronization I have already written.

Besides we would like translate to Russian this page -
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/. It would allow Russian-speaking users, as well
as for example speaking on Italian or Spanish, always to have access to last
translation revision.

--
with best regards,
dmitriy