French Translation

Max Bowsher maxb at ukf.net
Mon Oct 31 11:12:47 CST 2005

Yannick Loiseau wrote:
>> We generally ask for two things before setting up a new language
>> translation:
>>
>>    1. A translation team with more than one member, and
>
> It seems that we are already at least 3:
> - Yannick Loiseau (myself)
> - Régis Kuckaertz (who replied on the list)
> - Christophe Chauvet (who contacted me in private)
>
>>    2. Proof of actual work progress (in the form of an initial patch)
>
> Christophe has begun to translate the index.html
> I have started the book translation (intro and 2 sections of ch00)
>
>> Francois Beausoleil expressed some interest a couple of years ago, and
>> translated a few paragraphs:
>> http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2003-04/1346.shtml
>
> I've checked this page, but it seems to be an old version of the book.
> May be it will be easier to start from scratch.
>
> Should we send the patches or the files on the list, and which one is
> the preferred form?

Hello - I was catching up on old mail, and noticed that this message seems
to have gone unanswered.

Regarding patches or files: Patches are always OK, but if you have almost
completely translated a file, then sending the modified file, and the
revision number of the English version on which the translation is based is
also OK.

If this translation project is still active, then send your current work to
the list, and we can start getting commit access arranged.

Thanks,

Max.