[QUESTION] Where http://svn.red-bean.com/repos/test/readme.txt has been moved to?

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Wed Oct 5 08:07:02 CDT 2005

Maverick Crank GRey wrote:

>Good time of day!
>
>We have the following chunk of text in ch09.xml file:
>===
>          <para>If you want to see blame annotated source for
>            <filename>readme.txt</filename> in your test
>            repository:</para>
>          <screen>
>$ svn blame http://svn.red-bean.com/repos/test/readme.txt
>     3      sally This is a README file.
>     5      harry You should read this.
></screen>
>===
>But this URL is wrong now. Where readme.txt has been moved to?

The URLs used in the examples are not real -- I mean, they don't really
point to anything.  It'd be cool if they didn't come so close to being
real (there are actual projects at
"http://svn.red-bean.com/repos/...").  It'd be cooler still if our
examples were run from a real live repository that existed only as a
sample repository for the book.  But neither of those is today true.

I say all that to say:  don't bother validing the URLs we used -- you'll
only find disappointment.