Fwd: Suggestions for book, svn 1.2

Michael Sinz Michael.Sinz at sinz.org
Wed Oct 12 10:20:02 CDT 2005

Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> [...]

Yes, we know that it runs the same as a copy and a delete but for "users"
it is a bit confusing when, after doing an "svn mv" and then an "svn revert"
that it did not really undo the "svn mv" command.

The real answer is that for now the documentation needs to be rather clear
as to what happens in the revert for those cases and, hopefully, clear
that this will not continue to be true if/when rename becomes a first-class
operation rather than just a combiniation of other operations.

This is mainly for users who generally don't care about implementation details.
(And, generally, a "user" should not care about the implementation details)

--
Michael Sinz                     Technology and Engineering Director/Consultant
"Starting Startups"                                mailto:michael.sinz at sinz.org