"Guided Tour": incomplete description of svn status output?

Malte Helmert helmert at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Aug 3 19:04:52 CDT 2006

Hi there,

I am currently reading the PDF version of the book cover-to-cover. Is
this the right place to report oddities?

If so, here is the second one I stumbled upon [1]: In the description of
the svn status output on page 29, third-last paragraph, it says:

    "If an M appears in the second column, then the properties have
     been modified, otherwise a whitespace will be printed."

In fact, there is the third (unmentioned) possibility of a "C" appearing
in the second column. This case does appear in the examples on the
preceding page and the description of the svn status output appears to
be otherwise exhaustive, so this looks like an oversight.

Malte

[1] The first one is the wrong formatting of the "typographic
conventions" on page xiv, but this has already been reported. If it is a
bug in the PDF generator, as has been suggested earlier on this mailing
list, maybe it should be reported to the authors of that tool? I think
this issue has been standing for a few years.