R: R: Suggestion on formatting a list in HTML+ svn logo usage

Federico Nebiacolombo federico.nebiacolombo at softeco.it
Fri Jul 7 01:51:14 CDT 2006

Dear all,
        I have just committed last revision for index-it.html which contain
my translation table proposal (but I really do not know so much about web
site update frequency).

I also took a look at pt solution: it absolutely clear and smart.
Although I choose a bit different way, not for sake of change, but simply
for some needing that I shortly try to explain in this mail.

- We (svn-it team) divide each chapter in different parts to parallelize the
translation and merge resuls from different translators.
This is the reason about the fact that each chapter has different parts with
independent status.
We manage details about this using a simple text file in src/it stuff, so we
do not want duplicate information about chapter owners: this is the reason
for which I did not put text related to translation status or progressing
(45%,...) in table cells.

- As Pilato suggested: all the information is inside color, you get a quick
idea of 'translation status' evaluating how much red/green is present. Of
course this is still valid in your (pt) model.

- We do not divide between translation status and verification status, from
our point translation status starts from NA (not assigned) to TC
(Translation completed).

*** IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS ***
Finally, I kindly (and formally) ask permission to use the svn logo
introduced in the top of the page to denote the it support to svn, as you
can see I modified it a little.
If the use or modifcation of the logo creates some troubles: please let me
known: I will remove it asap.
*** IMPORTANT END ***

I must underline that I want thanks you for your contribution to the
discussion: I will never reach this point without Celio and Pilato ideas:
thanks al lot.

best regards
Nebiac