R: R: R: Suggestion on formatting a list in HTML+ svn logo usage

Federico Nebiacolombo federico.nebiacolombo at softeco.it
Fri Jul 7 08:41:09 CDT 2006

> I hate to say it, but I'm still confused by the page as it stands today.
opps! Do not worry, I appreciate your genuine remarks, overloading a single
row could be
not so clear.
Reason for overloading is simple: work from different translator has
different status in the same
chapter.
Anyway I agree that this could be an internal detail that we do not expose
by web
at least in home page, we could expose it using a 'translation detail
page'=hyperlink over cells?

> treat each divided chapter as a unique section in
> the status chart.
ok I will do, as I said.

> You could quite easily just use the table designed for the pt_BR team, and
> expand it vertically.  Instead of having just "Chapter 1", you might have
> "Chapter 1 (a)", "Chapter 1 (b)", and "Chapter 1 (c)".  That way each row
> represents a logical chunk of the book as *you've* divided it,
> and can show
> its own independent status.

I like to mantain a single row for each chap, otherwise, it seems you have
the same
chapter splitted into different parts: this is true only from a 'translation
work organization'.

> To be clear, my suggestion was *not* to have all the information
> represented
> by color.  That causes problems for colorblind folks.  My
> suggestion was to
> use color to enhance the chart so that non-colorblind visitors can quickly
> get a feel for the status of the translation effort as a whole.

Yes ok, I apologize, you said something of different, I mean that I will not
report any text info
inside colored cells (it is a little overwork).

> > - We do not divide between translation status and verification
> status, from
> > our point translation status starts from NA (not assigned) to TC
> > (Translation completed).
>
> Fair enough.  But again, I would suggest using the pt_BR table, and simply
> dropping the verification status column.

Yes it could be a very good solution, thank for the suggestion (easy things
are so for who thinks about them:-).

> There is value, I think, in having all the translation teams reporting
> status in more-or-less the same way.  I'm not interested in trying to push
> that as a matter of policy -- the teams know best what works for them and
> what doesn't.  I'm just offering my honest opinions about this matter
> because you asked.  :-)
Yes I agree, and I'am sure that it will be possible to unify the style in a
single one.
Benefits are obvious.

>And speaking as a web designer,
> there's simply no need or aesthetic value to having that logo plopped into
> the middle of your translation page.  Please do remove it.
Sigh! I agree that from an aesthetic point of view it was a quite primitive,
(it was just to show
the modified logo), I'am sorry that it is not possible modify the logo but I
understand the reasons.
Stop with tweaking logos :-)

Thank you for your time,
best regards