svnbook.red-bean.com home page feedback

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Tue Jul 18 09:22:47 CDT 2006

Paul Martel wrote:
> Hi.
> I came to http://svnbook.red-bean.com/ (via a StumbleUpon recommendation)
> and <at the risk of contributing feedback !:?{)> I wanted to give my
> feedback on the Feedback/Contributing section of that page:
>
> 1. The terms "subjective" and "objective" seem to be reversed in the
> statements:

Yep.  I've corrected this.

[strange metaphysical rant clipped]

> Since, in response, you could soon close this loophole, as I think you
> should, I'd also like to grandfather in another comment at this time. After
> the numbered rules, where you discuss submitting a PATCH, you should add a
> link to tutorial information about the PATCH format and/or how to construct
> a PATCH.

I think you (and others) will find that a search for "creating a patch" will
yield far more than enough useful hits to justify us *not* describing this
extremely common open source practice again on our site.  Give it shot -- if
you still don't grok the concept after reading a few of the results, let
me/us know.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
 been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton