R: Suggestion on formatting a list in HTML

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Wed Jul 5 15:21:13 CDT 2006

CĂ©lio Cidral Junior wrote:
> 2006/7/5, C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>:
>
>> The best part is that you can do all this in HTML, in your native
>> language,
>> and use title="" attributes to put your table's text into English.
>> And if
>> other teams wanted to adopt the same status reporting mechanism, we could
>> squirrel away the CSS stuff that makes it all work into the shared CSS
>> file.
>

> I liked the idea of using a table. Particularly, I prefer to stick
> with HTML. Attached is a patch of the translation status table I
> created in the pt-BR home page. I did not commit it yet. Suggestions
> are welcome, as always.

So, it occurs to me that translating all the text in the table to English is
going to be a headache.  I think as long as the table headers and the
section names have title="" stuffs, that's cool.  Here's a patch to you
index.pt_BR.html file that shows what I was talking about in my suggestion.
 Use it if you wish, but don't feel compelled to do so.

Note that you populate the table in the say way as your patch allows, but
I've added classes for status states ("bad", "medium", and "good").

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
 been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton