R: [svnbook commit] r2328 - trunk/src/it/lab

Federico Nebiacolombo federico.nebiacolombo at softeco.it
Fri Jul 21 01:55:40 CDT 2006

> 1) If you copy files within the repository, do it with 'svn copy' and
> NOT by copying them manually and then using 'svn add'.  This is so that
> the copy history is actually recorded in the repository and the fact
> that it is a copy is clearly displayed in the commit emails.
opps, you complain is absolutly right: my mistake comes from a cvs-like
bad habit.
I have to take in mind that svn has smarter feature to be used.
Anyway I agree about the fact that it was not strictly needed
to copy that files, even if it is just a service lab...

> 2) Any changes to the build system should be discussed on svnbook-dev@,
> in English, not on individual language mailing lists, since these
> discussions are relevant to ALL the language translation teams and the
> English book maintainers too.
I partially agree: I/we will be happy to receive contributions and to share
with whole
svn community this kind of modification proposal, but just to save svn
community time
we need a short (even if holidays do not help us:-) period to get some
prototype to
submit to community.
Anyway evaluate also the mixed approach: we describe to the community what
we would do
and produce nothing or something and wait for solutions/contribution from
power of community
(I confess you that I would prefer try to prodice something not only asking
somebody other
to work for me:-).
Be sure we will share all in english language.

best regards
Nebiac