suggested rephrase

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Fri Mar 3 10:27:25 CST 2006

Craig_Reynolds at playstation.sony.com wrote:
> Hi. I'm new to Subversion and reading the SVN Book.  In
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.tour.initial.html :

Welcome to Subversion!

>>...Your working copy is just like any other collection of files and
>>directories on your system. You can edit and change them, move them
>>around, you can even delete the entire working copy and forget about
>>it.
>
> (Thanks for mentioning that last point, I had wondered about that very
> issue.)

Cool.  Glad it was helpful.

>>Unless you're ready to commit a new file or directory, or changes to
>>existing ones, there's no need to further notify the Subversion
>>server that you've done anything...
>
> Given the context (having just done the initial checkout) might
> "Until..." not be better than "Unless..."?

I don't feel like the current wording is actually hindering the
understanding of the section at all, but yeah, I kinda get what you're
saying.

Anybody else have strong opinions?

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
 been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton