Manual query

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Tue Mar 14 08:39:17 CST 2006

Johann Melvill wrote:
> First of all I am a total newbie to subversion. That means I am still
> falling around trying to find out how to install correctly and then use
> it before releasing it to the hounds out there.
>
> Subversion 1.3 was released recently.  I am not asking for a 1.3 manual.
> With the backlog of learning I have the 1.2 manual should suffice for a
> while.  What I do want to know, is there a PDF version of the 1.3
> manual. If so where do I find it. I am not always near a computer
> (commuter time to and from work) and would like to spend that time
> studying Subversion.

Johann, we don't have a set schedule really for the book, but are currently
working towards the completion of the 1.2 version, and on to the 1.3 version.

In terms of the differences against a 1.2 book version, I don't think the
1.3 version will be terribly significant -- certainly not in ways that bring
the must bang for the buck to a Subversion "newbie".  If you can digest the
1.2-in-progress that's available nightly, you'll have more than enough
knowledge to become a comfortable and successful Subversion user.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
 been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton